When you sign up for our service, we will ask you to provide contact information such as your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and payment information.
We may ask you to complete user surveys, and to provide certain demographic information, such as age, gender, special interests, etc. You do not have to provide this type of information to use our service if you do not want to.
If you contact us for customer support, we may also ask you for information about your operating system, software and other technical matters.
When you visit our website we will capture your IP Address, time of and duration of visit, and time and duration of the pages on our website that you view. We may tie this information to the personally identifiable information we have about you.
We will also place a cookie that will identify you to us as a repeat visitor or a customer when you visit our website. See “What is a Cookie” below. We may tie this cookie to the personally identifiable information we have about you.
When we send you an e-mail, we may include a marker that will allow to identify e-mail that is opened and viewed.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We will use your personally identifiable information only as follows:
- For domain registration and data escrow ;
- For payment purposes, and to provide customer support and service announcements;
- To announce special offers or provide other information from time to time via e-mail. We may also send e-mail announcing special offers by our third parties, but we will not provide the third parties with your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information. If you do not wish to receive these e-mails, you may opt out of future e-mails at any time by following the instructions included in the e-mail;
- To improve our service and the marketing of our service. For example, we may use the information we gather from user surveys, demographic data, and web site visits to help us improve or target our website and customize your visit.
We will not provide any personally identifiable information about you to any other person other than:
- A law enforcement or regulatory agency at their request;
- A person or company who acquires our business;
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing, domain registration and data escrow), subject to the third party agreeing with us that it will keep your personally identifiable information confidential;
- To the parent, associated and subsidiary companies of S.C. DreamServer S.R.L. (dreamserver.ro).
- To our affiliates, or as otherwise needed to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of others.
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share aggregate statistical data about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or suppliers. This aggregate statistical data will not identify you personally.
Domain name registration information
When you register a domain name you are required to provide the following information:
- The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the registrant (owner) of the domain name;
- The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the administrative contact for the domain name;
- The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the technical contact for the domain name;
- The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the billing contact for the domain name;
- The names and IP addresses of the primary name server and secondary name server(s) for the domain name; and
- Any other information that may be required from Third Party Registrars (collectively, the “Registration Information”).
We will use this information to register your domain name and this data will be disclosed to the appropriate registrar, domain registry, data escrow and other qualified processors and technology partners. Provided that the data may not be used for marketing activities and may not be resold or redistributed.
As required by the current rules and policies of ICANN, this data will be made to the general public via domain name registration database look-up (WHOIS) services.
As per ICANN policy, our domain registrars are required to escrow or deposit WHOIS data with a third party in trust. This process is referred to as “data escrow” and provides an additional layer of security to domains registrants; should it be necessary the database may be released from escrow to assist the Registrar, ICANN or an assignee at a later date.
If you are using a domain privacy or a domain proxy to limit the amount of personal information display in the WHOIS database, please be aware that your data may not be escrowed.
Security of your Information
We store your personally identifiable information and payment information on a databases. All data such as card numbers are encrypted and we will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal identifiable data in our databases.
Our service is not available to persons under the age of 18, and we will not intentionally maintain information about anyone under the age of 18.